10 Reasons Why Everest Should be Your Online University
Posted Wednesday, May 8, 2013 by
As a working adult, you probably know getting a college degree can be a big career booster. You may also know online universities allow you to earn a degree while still working and earning a paycheck.
But which online university should you choose?
Consider Everest University Online
Everest University Online, a division of Everest University, is a popular choice for working adults — and for good reason. Launched in 1999, known then as Florida Metropolitan University Online, Everest University Online currently has more than 30,000 students enrolled in 17 degree programs.
Here are 10 reasons to consider Everest University Online for your online degree:
1. Degrees for Career-Minded Students. Everest University Online focuses on degrees in popular career fields. These include accounting, business, computer information science, criminal justice, homeland security and paralegal. Everest’s programs are designed to give you the knowledge and skills employers value.
2. You Have a Choice of Degrees. Here you can choose from two-year associate degrees, four-year bachelor’s degrees or — if you already have a BS/BA – a master’s degree. (Note: Degree availability varies by program.) This variety allows you to choose the amount of time you want to commit to your education.
3. Accreditation. Accreditation is critical when choosing a postsecondary school. The Everest University campuses in Florida are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas, associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the U. S. Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The ACICS is located at 750 First Street, NE, Washington, D.C. 20002; (202) 336-6780.
4. Help with Financial Aid. Financial aid — be it in the form of students loans, scholarships, grants, or any combination of the above — is the way most people pay for college today. Everest can help you secure the financial aid you need to get your degree and help you manage your debt to avoid any problems after you graduate.*
5. A Distinguished Faculty. Most Everest University Online instructors have years of academic experience. But just as important, most have actual practical experience in the fields they teach. They know first-hand what employers expect from you in the working world, and teach accordingly.
6. You Won’t Learn Alone. Everest believes that students learn best when they learn together — even online. As an Everest student, you’ll work on many group projects as well as have direct one-on-one interactions with your instructors.
7. You Can Learn at Your Own Pace. Everest allows you to work at the pace and on the schedule you find most productive. You won’t be rushed through your courses or be forced to take classes at times that interfere with our other commitments.
8. Everest May Accept Credit Transfers. You may be able to transfer credits from community college or other postsecondary schooling you’ve received to Everest University Online and apply them toward your Everest degree. This can allow you to complete your program faster than the two- or four-year schedules usually recommended.
9. 24/7 Tech Support. You don’t have to worry about computer problems cutting you off from your classes or study groups. Everest University Online has live tech support available by phone all day, every day.
10. Career Services. Because Everest is career-oriented, we have a special Career Services department aimed specifically at helping you get a position in the field you’ve studied as quickly as possible. Support includes help with resume writing, interview strategies and setting up appointments with local employers.
Want to learn more about getting your degree online? A friendly Everest University Online representative can answer any questions you have. Just contact Everest University Online, and a representative will contact you immediately.
*Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Programs and schedules vary by campus. Your own hard work, professionalism, experience, work attitude, local market and other factors will impact your personal employment opportunities and pay.