If you are going – or planning to go – to an online college, chances are you are female, about 33 years old, white, already have a full-time job and hope to enhance your $65,000 annual household income with a business degree.
At least that’s the most common scenario to come out of a recent survey by Aslanian Market Research and Learning House, Inc., both of which help colleges build online programs.
The survey sampled 1,500 adults who are, recently were or plan to soon be enrolled in a fully online degree program. The survey’s margin of error was +/- 3 percent.
Here are some survey highlights:
• As in brick-and-mortar schools, women dominate online education. Women represented 70 percent of survey respondents; just 30 percent were male.
• The ethnic breakdown: 60 percent white, 20 percent black, 19 percent Hispanic, 1 percent “other.”
• Sixty percent of respondents said they already have a full-time job. Twenty percent have part-time jobs and 19 percent are unemployed, with 12 percent actively looking for work.
• Seventy-three percent of respondents are pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree, with 19 percent studying to get a certificate and 8 percent seeking a professional license.
• Sixty-five percent are enrolled in a nonprofit institution, and 35 percent are attending a for-profit school. (Seventeen percent did not know if their school for for-profit or nonprofit.)
• Eighty percent live within 100 miles of one of their school’s physical campuses. Sixty-nine percent live within 50 miles of a campus location.
• The most popular fields to study, in order of preference, are: business (including administration/management, finance and accounting); social sciences and health care; science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM); and education.
You Can Get Your Online Degree from Everest University Online
Whatever your age, gender, ethnicity or employment status, you can earn a degree at Everest University Online, a division of Everest University, that may enhance your professional standing.
Everest University Online offers two-year associate degree and four-year bachelor’s degree programs in Accounting, Business, Computer Information Science, Criminal Investigations, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security and Paralegal. It also offers master’s degrees in Business Administration (MBA) and Criminal Justice.
Everest University is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
For more information on Everest University Online’s degree programs, contact Everest University Online today.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify.