Free Web Tools for Paralegals
Posted Tuesday, Jan 10, 2012 by
The Internet has changed the way paralegals work. Long gone are the days when paralegals had to stuggle through volumes of law books to find rulings relevant to their cases or manually type out contracts, briefings and other common documents. Today, the Web offers a wide range of sites and tools to help make all aspects paralegal work easier, faster and more effective. Best of all, many of these helpful i-tools are free.
Here are just a few of the sites where paralegals can find help with legal research, forms, local statutes and other information vital to their jobs:
- Paralegal Gateway (www.paralegalgateway.com) — This is a generalized resource site for professional paralegals. It contains links to legal forms and dictionaries, expert witness banks, paralegal articles, support, networking, etc.
- LawGuru (www.lawguru.com/ilawlib/index.php) — This is a comprehensive site for a range of legal information, including federal, state and international law. It also contains a searchable database.
- Public Legal (www.ilrg.com/) — Created by the Internet Legal Research Group (ILRG), this site provides links to legal websites in more than 200 countries, states, territories and islands.
- Federal Digital System (www.gpo.gov/fdsys) — The U.S. Government Printing Office maintains this site to provide instant access to tens of thousands of federal documents.
- Harvard Law School: Research a Topic (http://www.law.harvard.edu/library/research/topics/index.html) — An easy-to-navigate legal resource from one of the top law schools in the country.
In addition, you can find many other sites that offer free tools for effective writing (including word choice, spelling and punctuation), document management and computer maintenance.
Earn Your Bachelor’s in Paralegal Online
Interested in the law? Would you like to work as a paralegal? You can earn your bachelor’s degree in Paralegal without leaving your current job by attending Everest University Online, a division of Everest University. This four-year online Paralegal program provides you with the knowledge, skills and experience you need to compete for entry-level positions in the paralegal field, allowing you to take classes at your own pace and on your own schedule.
Everest’s instructors are legal industry professionals who can provide a practical perspective to your academic coursework. Classes are small, so you can get the individual attention you need. The university has a support system to help you succeed both in class and after you graduate, including a Career Services team to help you arrange interviews with employers in your area.
For more information about Everest University Online’s bachelor’s degree Paralegal program, contact Everest University Online today!
Financial aid is available for those who qualify.