7 Ways to Fire up Your Resume for Favorable Results
Posted Thursday, Jun 9, 2011 by
Many employers are tasked with looking at hundreds of resumes throughout a busy week. The truth is, your resume may have to be written and styled to grab an employer’s attention within a 5-second glance.
Here are a few tips that may help get your resume noticed when employers look to fill openings.
- Use the heading and titles that match the position you’re applying for.
- Write content that will grab the reader’s attention. Highlight important information about skills and relevant education.
- Write content that sells. Design is important, but the content is important for employers who can go either way on a hiring decision.
- Don’t be afraid to use words that exude power. Numbers and quantifying can help create vivid images.
- Design your resume to address an employer’s hidden needs.
- Emphasize how your skills can be beneficial to the employer.
- Target your resume and cover letter to address the skills requested by an employer.
Even though no one can truly predict the outcome of how your resume will fare in the selection process, or the impact a job interview will have, getting it right the first time can have a huge impact on your chances of landing the job you’re competing for.
Contact Everest today to learn about the education programs offered and the entry-level positions and career fields you may pursue after graduation.